Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Not every idea works..at first that is...

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I've been wanting to put a twist on my ATM pockets for some time now and have had countless nights thinking about what design, and how I would do it,etc.

This morning I woke up very early and just had to do it. I actually have two designs I want to implement, so I did both of them, and sadly, the main idea didn't work out quite as planned.

Not sure if you know this, but with all my designs, I always make a prototype for me to use when out and about. This helps me experiment with it to see what works well, and what doesn't, or what could be enhanced. Trial runs are really great actually, and also, I usually get some type of attention from Cashiers or Sales Clerks, asking where I got it.

I'm keeping this ATM/wallet design, but I need to tweek it first before I can sell it. The one in the pic is the prototype, but it has a couple of flaws I spotted right away.

First, the 2nd pocket with zipper is just too small for keeping change and dollars in it. It fits them, but you have to have small fingers to get anything out with ease. It's not the way I like to shop, especially with one infant in hand and the cashier giving the change on top of the dollar change (I HATE that btw!). I'm going to expand that part and leave the ATM part the normal size.
Second, I used a vintage zipper, which served its purpose, but I'd rather use a smoother plastic one, less snags.

The other design I have in mind is a Vinyl and Felt Book pocket. I know there are still many readers out there (right?), who'd love to have just a small pretty pocket to protect their book(s). And some that just might want to keep their Romantic novel a secret, while reading their Wall Street paper on the Subway. ;o)

This pocket should come out this week, as I started on it this morning and so far, so good.

If you'd like to be on my mailing list for when it comes out, just leave your email or shop name by either adding it to my newsletter box in the sidebar or by commenting to this post, and I'll let you know before I post it on my shop. The first 10 people will receive FREE SHIPPING upon ordering!


Cheers!
Jeyn

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

add me to your list please! minnie@screamything.com

 
Namablogkamu is proudly powered by Blogger.com | Template by o-om.com | Distributed by Deluxe Templates

Redesign and illustrations done by jeynreyn 2009